Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Sign Of Apocalypse: Yankee Candle Sells Papi Candle

Dogs and cats, living together! The Yankee Candle Company has announced a David Ortiz Commemorative Candle for sale. You read that right—the Yankee Candle Company. Now, they are New England-based, and they are donating $20 from every sale to the David Ortiz Children's Fund—but wait a minute. The candle itself is called 'Big Papi's Retirement Party'. Hmm. Sounds suspiciously like something that might be cooked up at The Concrete Bunker On 161st Street. On the other hand, their website states the following, "The majority of our candles are made by master chandlers (candlemakers) in our advanced manufacturing facilities in Massachusetts." Exactly what do they mean by "majority"? Sounds fishy to us. That could be 51%. Where are the other 49% of their candles made—the Bronx? OK, OK—it's for a good cause, we'll let it go.