As we do every Thanksgiving, we pause to reflect on our good fortune as Red Sox fans. While The Carmine Hose have had a rough couple of years, we are still among the luckiest fans on Earth. Now, it's a really thin list year, but, here are the Top 10 Reasons To Be Thankful For Red Sox Fandom:
10. We don't root for a certain benighted team in The Windy City.
9. Mocking Yankee fans for blowing their last chance to win anything.
8. The chance to place a long-term lease on last place in the AL East.
7. Again witnessing the stadium-building skills of Larry Lucchino.
6. Peace of mind in Dombrowski's track record of bullpen-building.
5. Comfort that—basically—everybody but Toronto sucks in our division.
4. The opportunity to misspell "Dombrowski" up to 365 times in 2016.
3. Waiting for first San Diego radio call citing a pitcher "having a meeting with himself on the mound".
2. One Word: KimbrelMania.
And the number one reason to be thankful for Red Sox Fandom:
1. Not having to wait around for Manuel Margot's first MVP season in the major leagues.